Diagnosis and Treatment Care Package for Nursing Home Residents
How important is podiatry care for nursing home residents ? The risk of foot abnormality increases with age, including quantifiable peripheral nerve and vascular disease, which is coupled with an inability to adequately care for feet and increasingly inappropriate footwear choices (Plummer & Albert, 1996). The immediate benefits for the ambulant resident receiving podiatry care are improved mobility and independence, with reduced likelihood of hospitalisation or institutionalisation (Bowling & Grundy, 1997).
It is important that foot care services offered to residents of nursing homes meet both legislative and standard requirements to ensure safety and quality of care provided.
“The Dublin City Foot Clinic has been contracted to Blackrock Abbey Nursing Home since 2004 and has always provided a professional, cofidential and caring chiropody service to our clients” – Helen Murphy – Director of Nursing Blackrock Abbey Nursing Home
“Alan Ward has provided a professional Chiropody service to St. Patrick’s for the past 3 years. During this time he has acquainted himself with all our residents who look forward to his visit. He has also provided emergency foot care when required – he is most dependable” – Jack Buckley
Dublin City Foot Clinic – Podiatry Service Package
Diagnosis and treatment of foot disorders and injuries and anatomic defects of the foot. Our podiatrists can contribute to the general wellbeing and health of your residents in many ways. We are all BSc (Hons) Podiatric Medicine trained and provide a safe, professional and effective support service – alleviating foot pain, while also collaborating with your multidisciplinary team in specific treatment programs.
- With prices starting from €20 our tried and tested service will not be beaten on price.
- Over 15 years’ experience of working within the residential care setting ensures delivery for both residents and administrators.
- Having a permanent team always available to us ensures reliability of our service to you and your residents.
- Over 50 nursing homes (Private & HSE) currently serviced by Dublin City Foot Clinic.
- Regular visits and an emergency / on request call out service available
HSE Registered for clients eligible for the “chiropody card”
- Assessment of all residents’ foot care needs together with written reports and recommendations regarding foot care requirements and complete individual care plans.
- Treatment of high-risk foot problems such as pressure ulcers or diabetic ulcers.
- Provision of foot health care programmes identifying individuals at risk for potential problems.
- Training and support of other carers including in-service training regarding the provision of basic foot hygiene, prevention of foot pathology and identification of at risk clients.
- Our podiatrists are trained to the highest level (HIQA Standards) with regard to record keeping and maintenance of clinical documentation. Assessments and interventions are recorded in the resident’s central clinical history. Our podiatrists are also fully trained regarding handling policies and procedures, and also the appropriate mechanisms for alerting nursing and other staff to any follow up care recommendations
- Fully traceable sterile instruments used in accordance with HIQA infection control policies
Providing affordable, compassionate, footcare in nursing homes and senior’s communities throughout Ireland
01 676 0076 or 087 777 1519